Quality self-catering accommodating 12 people
We hope that you enjoy your stay at Borrowdale View, we have endeavoured to provide a you with a safe and comfortable place to stay in the lake district. As with any agreement, there are booking conditions that you will need to agree to and adhere which will help to keep Borrowdale View in a good condition for both your group and the group following you. We kindly ask that you also respect your neighbours and also the beautiful surroundings which are the for you and everyone to enjoy.
1: Borrowdale View is operated by Rowley & Rowley Ltd, Flat 2, Oakside Keswick, CA12 5PW
2: Receipt of any deposit monies and/or booking forms constitutes acceptance of all current booking conditions.
3: A Deposit of 20% of the rental is payable on booking. The balance will be taken automatically from the card details provided 30 days before arrival, or 24 hours after the booking has been made if the arrival date is within 30 days. Non Payment of the balance when due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit.
If you need to cancel your booking, please let us know immediately and confirm this in writing. The cancellation date will be the date we receive written confirmation.
i) You can cancel with a full refund if this is done within 48 hours of booking
ii) Your balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival and will be taken automatically from the card details provided (or 24 hours after making the booking if less than 30 days before arrival).
iii) If the cancellation date is more than 30 days before your arrival date, you will forfeit your non-refundable 20% deposit.
iv) If the cancellation date is less than 30 days, you will forfeit 100% of the price of the booking
v) In exceptional circumstances, and providing the dates for you booking can be re-let, any refunds will only be issued in the form of a voucher to be used against another booking on a different date within 18 months.
We totally appreciate that guests must plan holidays and will have to make bookings that could still be impacted by government guidance in the future. By reserving the property, you are entering into an agreement, acknowledging there is risk of cancellation due to changes in government advice, restrictions or quarantine.
If, as a result of changes to government restrictions, travel advice, quarantine or ill health, you or some of your group are unable to, or decide not to travel at a time when Keswick is open for visitors, our booking conditions and cancellation terms will apply.
If Keswick is placed under lock down and your visit is not allowed, we will issue you a credit voucher in full for any monies you have paid, to be used within 18 months. New bookings will be subject to any price increases.
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance to cover any loss, should you have to cancel.
5: The hire of the property starts from 5.00 pm on the day of arrival and we ask you to check out on by 10.00 am on the day of departure. It is possible to leave cars earlier on arrival but there will be no access to Borrowdale View until 5.00 pm due to cleaning and change over.
6: The Hirer is fully responsible for the property. If there is any damage or items missing from the property, please inform us before you leave. It enables us to leave every property clean and fully equipped each week. The hirer must leave the property in the state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. An additional charge will be made if extra cleaning because of the property being left in a dirty condition upon the hirers departure.
7: The total number of people on the booking form must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate hire immediately without refund if numbers are exceeded.
8. Parking is available for a maximum of 4 cars and is for guests only, extra roadside parking is available close by or at the football ground which is walking distance away
9. Whilst Borrowdale View is the perfect destination for a birthday or group celebration, it should not be used as a venue to invite other guests without the owner’s permission and prior consent.
10. Respect you neighbours and surroundings. In consideration of neighbours, we request that groups keep the noise to a minimum on the outside terrace and barbecue area outside after 10.30 pm and inside after midnight.
11: During their duties Borrowdale View and their representatives reserve the right to enter a property at any time. We will try and forewarn you if we require access.
12. Whilst we make every effort to maintain essential equipment, such as a cookers, the boiler and central heating, gas fires, fridges, washing machines etc., there will inevitably be times when things break down outside of our control. After contacting our emergency number, we will endeavour to make a repair as soon as possible although this could involve ordering spare parts which could take time. Your booking is accepted on the condition that you accept the possibility of this risk and that whilst Borrowdale View will do everything possible to minimise any discomfort or inconvenience whilst a repair is being made, no compensation will be offered.
13. Be aware that CCTV is in operation for the parking areas at Borrowdale View.
14: If for any reason out of our control Borrowdale View becomes unavailable for your booking, for example a boiler breakdown or other a problem that cannot be rectified in time for your arrival, you will be informed immediately and fully refunded. Borrowdale View will not be responsible for finding alternative accommodation or any additional costs incurred, and we strongly advise taking out travel insurance to cover this possibility.
15: Neither Borrowdale View nor the owner of the property accepts liability to any person or member of a holiday booking for any personal injury, sickness, loss or damage to property however sustained or caused, nor for loss or theft of property and/or money. No discounts/refunds will be made for electrical or mechanical failure of any kind; however, we promise to make every effort to have any such failures corrected as soon as possible.
16: Personal belongings are at hirer’s risk always. NO responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
17: Damages, breakdowns or any complaints must be reported to us immediately using the emergency contact number to enable the problem to be rectified as soon as possible. We cannot be help responsible for any problems not reported during your stay – when your holiday is over, it is too late to rectify a problem.
18: While every effort is made to ensure that descriptions, advertisements or representations are made in good faith, we will not be liable for any representation made by an employee or by any other on our behalf. No special condition, exception, modification or liability will be accepted on behalf of Borrowdale View unless it is confirmed by them in writing.
19: Pets are welcome and are charged at £25 per pet, per week or short stay. Please note certain dog breeds are subject to the owner’s approval. If you are taking your pet with you, you must respect these few simple, common sense requests:
– Please keep your pets off the furniture.
– Please exercise your pets outside the garden – and clean up after them.
– Please remove pet hairs from carpets before you leave.
– Please don’t leave your pets unattended in the property or garden.
– Please do not allow pets upstairs or in the bedrooms.
Customers with allergies should be aware that we cannot accept liability for any suffering which may occur because of pets having been present.
20: Linen & Towels are provided.
21: You have read and fully understand the Important Information
We hope you enjoy you stay.
Thank you for booking with Borrowdale View.