The following information has been provided for your assistance and safety and should be read in conjunction with the Booking Conditions.
Arriving & departing
Bookings run from Friday to Friday, Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday (except Christmas and New Year weeks). In some High Season weeks, we operate weekly bookings only. Borrowdale View is available from 3.00pm on the day of arrival.
On your departure day, you are required to leave your property by 10am. This is to allow the cleaner sufficient time to prepare the property for the next arrivals. When you arrive, look out for the Information Folder and please read it carefully. It contains all the information you’ll need for an enjoyable and safe stay. If you have any additional questions, please use the contact numbers provided in the Information Folder.
Ground Floor: Twin and Double bedroom - easy access to shared bathroom with wc.
First Floor: King-size Double and Twin - shared access to first floor shower room with wc.
Annex: Ground Floor Double and First Floor twin with access to ground floor shower room and wc.
Separate ground floor shower room and wc.
Gardens & parking facilities
Borrowdale View has off road parking for up to 5 cars. Borrowdale View does not accept any liability for cars parked at Borrowdale View and cars are left entirely at the owner’s risk. There are spacious gardens but please note these are not secure and open onto a road. You must not leave children or pets unsupervised in the garden.
Pets are welcome and are charged at £20 per pet, per week or short stay. Take any other kind of holiday and it can cost you a small fortune paying others to look after your pets while you’re away. And, after all, why should you have to leave them behind when they’re part of the family? Please note certain dog breeds are subject to the owner’s approval. If you are taking your pet with you, you must respect these few simple, common sense requests:
- Please keep your pets off the furniture.
- Please exercise your pets outside the garden - and clean up after them.
- Please remove pet hairs from carpets before you leave.
- Please don’t leave your pets unattended in the property or garden.
- Please do not allow pets upstairs or in the bedrooms.
Customers with allergies should be aware that we cannot accept liability for any suffering which may occur as a result of pets having been present.
All properties are cleaned between rental periods. There is no extra charge for cleaning, unless extra, heavy cleaning is required after you leave, or you do not leave the property and its contents as you found them.
Sleeping arrangements, bed linen & towels
You must confirm the number of people who will be staying at the property at the time you book. Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of 12 persons use the property. Borrowdale View provides Linen & Towels at no extra charge.
Cots and highchairs
Borrowdale View provides 2 Cots and 2 High Chairs free of charge. You should bring towels and linen for cots in all cases (including pillows and blankets or duvets).
There are Free View TV's in the main lounge, movie room, main kitchen and all bedrooms.
Fuel and water
There is no additional charge for electricity, gas, heating or water.
Easy walking access
A visitor using a walking aid should have no difficulty in gaining access to the principal rooms (sitting room, dining room, and kitchen, ground floor bedrooms, a toilet and a bathroom or shower room) and the garden simply call us and we’ll be happy to give you further details.
We work very hard to ensure that you will have an enjoyable stay. However, in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your accommodation, then it is very important that you register this straight away and do not wait until you return home, when the chance of actively helping you has passed. Even if you think nothing could be done to make your situation better, you must say something during your stay.
Protecting your holiday environment
You can help by respecting the area you visit and remember the following points: Please:
- Don’t litter
- Don’t waste energy and water
- Use the recycling facilities
- Guard against fire
- Respect the rights of land and property owners
- Protect local wildlife
- Follow the Countryside Code
- Be considerate to surrounding properties with regards to noise levels
Caring for your safety
We take your safety and well-being seriously and Borrowdale View is well maintained for your comfort and safety. If you have any concerns about the safety of your property, then please contact us immediately. Nevertheless, please remember that when you stay in unfamiliar surroundings, you must take special care of yourself and your family.
- On arrival, familiarise yourself with the layout of your holiday property so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily. It is important that you take special care when moving around the property and/or its outside perimeters, especially at night. Consider leaving a landing light on when you go to bed. Make sure you use any outside lighting.
- Please take care to familiarise yourself with it and locations of light switches.
- Make sure the property is secure at night and when you leave it unattended. Do not leave the lounge gas fire on when you go out or go to bed and make sure you have switched cooking and other appliances off, including gas/electric fires.
- Take extra care when using the garden and any pathways/decking if it is wet, icy or snowing.
- Check the location of fire extinguishers and fire blanket, and read the instructions on their use.
- Your holiday property is fitted with smoke alarms; never remove the batteries as the primary job of the smoke alarm is to protect you from fires while you are asleep.
- If the cot or highchair is damaged or deficient, then please contact us immediately.
- If you are unsure how to use any electrical appliances, then please contact us immediately.
- Look out for glass patio doors or glazed interior doors.
- Children MUST be supervised at all times.
- Look for any steep drops or steps in the garden, and if there are garden sheds or outbuildings; ensure that children or anyone at risk cannot get into them.
- Children’s outside play area should be safe and in good condition. You should satisfy yourself that the area is safe and in good condition before use. Children should be supervised at all times.
- All activities during your holiday are undertaken at your own risk.
- Gas appliances are installed and maintained by registered engineers. If you have any doubts about the efficient operation of any gas appliance, then please contact us immediately.
- Gas cookers and fires - as you would at home, ensure that gas cookers and fires are turned off after use and, in particular, check this before you go to bed. When a gas fire is on, children should be supervised at all times. We want you to be safe and happy - a few minutes taking some simple precautions could make the difference between enjoying your time away and having that time spoiled.